On not getting sick
I’ve been on my serious micro-nutrition kick for almost a year now. In that time,
- I’ve run a marathon (not bad for a 63-year old guy with no cartilage in his left knee since he was 16) with no ill effects.
- I’ve lost about 20 pounds. I’m 6’1″, 185 pounds, and have a 32″ waist line. This is about what I was when I was 20.
- I used to get cold sores all the time, especially when outside doing a lot of running. I haven’t gotten a cold sore.
- I had an abscessed molar. That cleared up on its own.
- I can’t wear my wedding ring any more. It used to dig into my finger. I’d have to slick it up to get it over my swollen knuckle. Now it won’t stay on. I’ll have to get it re-sized.
- My hands would be sore and swollen when I woke up. My back stiff. Not any longer.
- I used to go to a dermatologist annually to have seborrheic keratosis removed from my skin. They are clearing up.
- People keep getting ill in the neighborhood. My children get sick. My wife gets sick. My neighbors get sick. Mostly just the flu or a cold or what have you. I’m not getting sick. I’m not catching what they are catching. I always used to. The idea that I haven’t had some cold or flu in nearly a year is increasingly unlikely.
- My wife said I snored. Not now. She snores.
- I’d regularly wake up at 2 or 3 am and not get back to sleep for an hour or two. Not now. Sleep like a baby.
It’s not that I didn’t use supplements before; I most surely did. Multivitamins. Chelated minerals. Glucosamine. Turmeric. Olive Leaf Extract. Lysine. And so on. Well-known brands. Lesser known brands. I spent a lot trying different concoctions over the years. I’m not sure that ever noticed anything from taking vitamins or minerals. I took them because I thought it was good for me. I took glucosamine because I thought it was good for my knee. That actually seemed to help me. Same for the turmeric. Lysine for cold sore outbreaks. Olive leaf for the occasional viral infection. Maybe pop some more Vitamin C than usual for that as well.
So it’s not that I am now taking some bunch of stuff that I hadn’t tried before. It seems that all the stuff works. I just wasn’t getting the real deal.